Thursday, September 10, 2009

Rumor Mill: Employer-Provided Housing.

I'm living in a hotel. A nice hotel, but a hotel (with my wife and child). My employer - who before I start bitching, has been incredibly generous - is supposed to provide me and fellow expats with apartments. Since information is not forthcoming, we rely on an elaborate system of rumors. I've combined everything I've heard, from multiple sources, into one cohesive statement that should resemble the truth:

We will be living in giant, tiny apartments that smell like sewage and rose petals. The marble/dirt and straw floors nicely accent the kitchen, which is big enough for a full stove or small campfire. The drawback is that our accommodations may not be ready until February of last year.

1 comment:

  1. Ah!!! It all makes perfect sense now. Thanks for the clarification. Watch out for lighting campfires on straw floors, though.

    ReplyDelete